Ads

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Advice to investors :By Stockmarketguide

A. Decide yourself whether you are a trader or investor or both. I am an investor. I will never do trading but invest for short term. See the difference.

Ex. I first bought Gujarat NRE Coke at 82 in small quantities and bought in moderate quantities at 72. I used my money for these investments as I thought that this stock is a good buy for long term at these prices but it is a risky one for short term. At that time, I am sitting on huge cash from investment offers (I received good investments from 1 NRI and 2 north Indian investors just 4 days back). Suddenly, stock fell to 53 which is a steal. Here is a stock with bonus news, rights offer, good promoters and good quarterly results. Stock was trading at unreasonable valuations. Then I deployed my investment offers money. Why? I need to give just 40% returns in 6 months. Stock needs to reach just 75 to get that money in 6 months. As per fundamentals, I thought that it will easily reach that level by the time of bonus date (1 month). I don’t believe in the technical details like moving averages, resistances and supports etc. I believe in fundamentals and psychology of investors only.

If my company has good fundamentals and my entry price is reasonable, I don’t care about its short term movements.

B. Plan your investments for short, medium and long term. Allocate money accordingly.

C. “Derivatives are weapons of financial mass destruction” – Warren Buffett. Never look at them as investment vehicles. Derivatives are responsible for most of the stock market suicides.
Derivatives are invented by the brokers for the benefit of brokers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forex News